Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hermann Göring Division Fliegerbluse for a Stabsgefreiter of Artiliarie



Here is another one of my favorites, a Hermann Göring Fallschirmpanzer Division Fliegerbluse with the rank of Stabsgefreiter. This Flieger is in very good condition, dated 1944. I beleive this was the gentleman's "A Wool" uniform. (Every German soldier had his A Wool and his B Wool. The B Wool was for combat and the A Wool is for dress purposes.) - with that, I have it set up with the combat gear for a Flak/Artillerie soldier for photographic purposes. The ammo pouch and bread bag are different than the ones in the photo series of the Winter combat set up. All other equipment and the overseas cap is the same. However, I do have a Luftwaffe M43 Single button on the way. I will most like feature that with the field division jacket. At either rate, here is a photo of the reverse of the set up as well as some detail shots of the tunic itself. I do have a nice set of Luftwaffe strait leg pants for this guy. Again, I do not have a full mannequin to set it up. Once I do, I will set this guy up head to toe.

Flak and Artillerie soldiers did not wear Y straps for the most part, thus I have omitted them from this display. This photo features the gas mask canister with Luftwaffe gas cape bag and the LBA marked equipment strap, as well as a Luftwaffe bread bag, matching number bayonet and continental canteen. The eagle is originally applied and is sewn to the uniform via the zig zag stitching method.
An up close shot of the collar tab, the tabs appear to have had three gulls at one time. Perhaps upon promotion the soldier realigned the gulls and added the fourth.
The underside of the collar shows that the gulls have been pushed through the lining. Personally, I like to see this. The soldiers, in my opinion, rarely purchased new collar tabs every time they were promoted. Thus having the gulls go through the lining is a good sign. Especially for such a rare rank.
A close up shot of the Stabsgefreiter rank chevron with pip. This was hand applied to the tunic.

Here is a shot of the Luftwaffe Flak/Artillerie sleeve rating. Again, hand applied to the tunic. I personally think that this is one of the better looking sleeve ratings.

Closeup of the Hermann Göring Cuff title. Again the thread used to sew the cuff title to the tunic nicely lays across the wool, and does is not so tight that it cinches the wool of the cuff title or the uniform.

No comments:

Post a Comment