Sunday, September 13, 2009

Starting a blog about collecting WWII Luftwaffe Ground Combat items.

This is my first attempt at starting a blog. To that end, I would like to introduce myself. I was born and raised in the Pacific Northwest and, though I travel the world as often as I can, I plan on living in this beautiful part of the world for the rest of my life. At either rate, since I was in junior high school, I have had an interest in German military history and have been collecting artifacts ever since then.

When I first got started in collecting German militaria, I did not have much focus. I mainly picked up whatever I thought was interesting at the time. Anything from WWI Iron Crosses, to SA Sport Armbands, Luftwaffe officers collar tabs to a reproduction Pour le Merit (like any kid in high school could possibly afford a real one of those)... it did not matter, I just thought it was cool.

However, since that time, I have developed a keen interest in WWII Luftwaffe ground combat items. Focusing on the famed Hermann Goring Panzer Division (including all formations from RGG to the Fallschirmpanzerkorps) as well as items from the Luftwaffe field divisions. I have also able and fortunate enough to collect other items from the other branches of service, but try to keep my focus on the Luftwaffe ground combat units. With that, I would like to share my thoughts, experiences, and photos of the items that I have collected over the years. I will keep my blog updated as I obtain new items, and share my observations and feelings about the hobby as well. I hope you like it. If you have any questions about something that you are considering for purchase, or anything in particular about my collection, please do not hesitate to ask. I will do my best to respond in a prompt and courteous manner.

Now, on to some photos of my collection........

No comments:

Post a Comment